martes, 11 de junio de 2013

Alyssa Milano: Live Tweeting Is the Modern-Day TV Viewing Party

Actress Alyssa Milano gets Twitter — she's far more adept at the social network's terminology and capabilities than many of her celebrity counterparts, that's for certain. Remember when she taught late-night host Jimmy Kimmel that the "number sign" is a hashtag? Or when the National Hockey League let her takeover its Twitter account?

Mashable caught up with Milano, who is now using her social prowess to interact with fans of her new Monday night drama Mistresses (10 p.m. ET on ABC).

In this snappy Q&A, we discuss the TV show, her 2-year-old son's tech habits, her favorite apps, Netflix and her just announced Project Runway All Stars hosting gig.

Mashable: Why did you watch the June 3 Mistresses premiere with your fans in real-time and live tweet with them using hashtag #AskMistresses?

I think live-tweeting during the show helps to get people more emotionally invested and makes them feel that they have a voice in the show's success.

In the Melrose Place days, people used to have viewing parties. I think live tweeting is the modern day version of that.

Also, I think it gives people from other countries that may not have the show yet an awareness beyond conventional marketing.

Your son, Milo, turns two this summer. When and how do you plan to introduce him to social media and gadgets?

He already has an iPod and an iPad and has mastered both in a way that both makes me proud and terrifies me.

What do you and your husband watch on Netflix or Hulu?

We love Netflix! We watch Yo Gabba Gabba! ... House of Cards and Arrested Development.

What devices and apps do you use every day?

I love Square. Every day I use Twittelator Pro, FaceTime, Amazon, Dark Sky, Vine, Hipstamatic, Words With Friends, Google Maps ... I mean, I could go on and on.

What are you most excited about for your Project Runway All Stars hosting job? Who are your favorite past contestants? And what will your sign-off slogan be?

Fashion! It's a girl's dream job. I'm elated to be surrounded by such creativity and innovation. It's inspiring. I am a huge fan of [judge] Georgina Chapman. I can't go into it with any past favorites. I'm keeping a totally open mind ... I don't have a sign off slogan yet. "Ciao for now"? No. I'm kidding. That would be awful.

You once wore a dress made entirely of veggies for a PETA campaign. Are you going to have a vegetable challenge for the Project Runway contestants? Or a sportswear challenge with a hook related to your Touch product line?

We are working on trying to incorporate a Touch challenge.

You're rumored to have inspired the appearance and attitude of Ariel in The Little Mermaid. Is that true? And what's your opinion on the Hipster Ariel meme?

Apparently, yes, that is true. I hosted a behind-the-scenes look at The Little Mermaid and I learned that I was the inspiration for Ariel. And hipster anything makes me laugh.

Has your method to combat your dyslexia changed — as in, do you still write down your acting lines on paper or do you type them out on a device?

I still write my dialogue down on paper. Occasionally, when a line is tricky, I will record the line into my iPhone and listen back to get the rhythm down.

Your character on Mistresses cheats on her husband. How have your fans reacted to Savannah on social media? And are you surprised by the sentiment?

I was worried about the fan reaction to Savi cheating. The flip side of live tweeting means they have access to you to really let you know how they feel. I was just waiting for the comments to start rolling in. But much to my surprise, the comments were more about Savi's husband making her cry or being an "a-hole" than about the infidelity. I was somewhat relieved.

Anything else you would like to add?

I would like to thank everyone that follows my tweets! I appreciate the support and feedback.

Image courtesy of Alyssa Milano

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario