sábado, 23 de junio de 2012

Meet the interns taking part in our Graduate Bootcamp

Posted 22 June 2012 13:02pm by David Moth with 0 comments

Econsultancy's Graduate Bootcamp welcomes its first intake next week, giving the new grads hands on experience of e-commerce and digital marketing.

The week-long programme, created in partnership with Inspiring Interns, aims to deliver core digital skills and practical application alongside employability training and career coaching.

Programme graduates will be offered the opportunity to take a three-month internship in a digitally focused role to put their newly acquired digital knowledge into practice.

We've previously spoken to former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith about why she supports Inspiring Interns, and here we meet four of the grads taking part in the bootcamp...

Garry Hendry, studying advertising with marketing at Bournemouth University

What are your expectations for the bootcamp?

I am hoping to become an expert in digital. I'm really looking forward to developing my skills, not just in digital but things like people skills and working in a team.

Coming from more of an advertising background I'm looking forward to the marketing side of things, not just for my future career but also for when I go back for my final year at university. It will hopefully give me one up on my peers.

What experience do you have of digital?

I would call myself intermediate. I have my own blog and I'm on all the social networks you can think of.

As part of my degree I also ran a Google AdWords campaign for a local business that gave me a lot of experience. It was also a huge amount of fun and helped to develop my skills in keyword targeting and bidding.

So, although that's not a new area for me, there's still a huge amount I can learn.

What are your aspirations?

I want to start a career in advertising and marketing hopefully as an account planner initially, working with big brands and having a real input.

Marc Calvo, studied marketing and market research at the University of Barcelona

What are your expectations for the bootcamp?

I have quite high expectations. I expect to learn a lot of digital skills and develop other skills like giving presentations and dealing with people from different cultures.

I am also hoping it will help me to get a job in digital.

What experience do you have of digital?

Not much to be honest. From my own research I have some knowledge of Google AdWords and Analytics. From my degree I have a good overall knowledge of the sector, but I need to get some hands on experience.

What are your aspirations?

I want to learn a lot in this internship. I want to be able to run an online campaign by myself, and get a job working in PPC as I am quite analytical.

Michael Harrod, studied marketing at Anglia University

What are your expectations for the bootcamp?

I hope to get a lot more practical skills from it. I know a lot of the theory from university, but it's not the same as putting it into practice.

What experience do you have of digital?

At this stage I'm just looking to get experience in anything and everything to do with digital. Most roles I've been looking at you need at least two or three years experience, so I'm hoping this will help me get started so I can work towards those.

What are your aspirations?

I want to be a marketer for video games, possibly through social media. But I'm happy to see where life takes me.

Sophie Glenister, studied management of marketing at the University of Exeter

What are your expectations for the bootcamp?

I want to learn a lot of good practical skills. It's my first internship but it sounds like it will be amazing fun. I also want to learn more about publishing through social media.

What experience do you have of digital?

I didn't learn a huge amount during my degree, but I have my own cooking website that I just started. The bootcamp should help my career and give me good experience that I can apply to my own site.

What are your aspirations?

I have no idea. I just want to learn some digital skills and get a good job.

Wilson Mak, studied economics at the School of Oriental and African Studies

What are your expectations for the bootcamp?

I want to learn the basics of marketing, as my knowledge is quite limited at the moment. Hopefully, it will give me a clearer idea of what I want to get into.

What experience do you have of digital?

I don't really have any experience in digital marketing.

What are your aspirations?

Ideally I would like to work for a gaming company, like Sony or Ubisoft, in the marketing side.

My passion lies in gaming and I think this is a good way to get into that sector. I am not a developer but really want to work in that area.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario